Skip to main content

Debut for Two Like Me and You

I received an ARC of Two Like Me and You through NetGalley.  This book will be released on 05/20/19, published by Borne Back Books.

44132454

The book follows Edwin Green, Parker Haddaway, and Garland Lenox.  Edwin is your typical nerdy teenager, complete with low self-esteem.  This is made worse by the break-up he suffered at the hands of his first girlfriend, who now happens to be a famous celebrity.  Parker and Edwin join forces for a history project, where she introduces him to Garland.  Garland talks them into going to France with him to find his long lost love, a woman who helped him recover from a leg injury during WWII.  The media catches wind of their quest, and the rest is a mess of police officers and news reporters.

I wanted to like this story.  I absolutely love the cover-it's the reason I requested the book.  This read like John Green, but not as good.  The first 15% of the book felt like backstory, but it wasn't pertinent to the plot.  The story was slow to take off, and by the time it did I had mostly lost interest.  I understand why Edwin's ex girlfriend was a part of the plot, but it just didn't connect to the rest of the story.  I liked Garland's story.  I really wanted more of that but the end felt rushed for him.  Parker's backstory didn't really make sense or connect to the rest of the plot.  Overall I wanted more from what I thought was a really great story line.

If you enjoy YA books, you'll probably enjoy this one too.  For me, it was just okay.
🌟🌟🌟

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First Post-Here We Go!

This is still a little insane to me.  Last week I wasn't even thinking a Bookstagram would be possible for me, let alone a blog!  What if I'm not interesting?  What if my reviews are terrible?  What if I actually have BAD taste in books? I guess we're going to find out.  Follow me.  Be patient with me.  Grow with me.  Let's explore as many amazing stories, wonderful authors, and unforgettable books as we can! 💙

Is One Truly the Loneliest Number?

I was given a digital copy of One? by Jennifer L. Cahill.  She reached out to me through Twitter, and she was so sweet.  I couldn't wait to dive into her book.💙 The Plot (From Goodreads): It's London in the mid-noughties before Facebook, iPhones and ubiquitous wifi. Zara has just moved to London for her first real job and struggles to find her feet in a big city with no instruction manual. Penelope works night and day in an investment bank with little or no time for love. At twenty-eight she is positively ancient as far as her mother is concerned and the pressure is on for her to settle down as the big 3-0 is looming. Charlie spends night and day with his band who are constantly teetering on the verge of greatness. Richard has relocated to London from his castle in Scotland in search of the one, and Alyx is barely in one place long enough to hold down a relationship let alone think about the future. One? follows the highs and lows of a group of twenty-somethings living ...

Blood and Honey by Shelby Mahurin

 I should have stopped at book 1. That’s it. That’s the review.