Skip to main content

Jess Ryder's The Dream House

The Dream House written by Jess Ryder was published by the lovely people at Bookouture on 06/21/19.  I was granted a copy of this book from NetGalley in exchange for my review.

46902817. sy475

When Stella sees Westhill House, a former refuge for battered women, she jumps at the chance to purchase it and make her dreams work...even though her boyfriend is less than thrilled about moving from London.

Then one night Lori shows up at the house beaten and bloody.  Stella immediately lets her in and listens to the story about her abusive husband.

Life will never be the same once she starts to uncover the house's secrets.  Lori seems to know more than she lets on about the house.  What is going to happen to Stella if she goes down this rabbit hole?

This story was so gripping.  I had a really hard time putting this book down, and ended up finishing it in about 2 days.  It would have been a 5 star read for me, but the abuse parts were hard to get through.  As an abuse survivor I know I'm more sensitive to this than others, but I found myself wincing several times.  One of my criteria for giving 5 stars is being able to recommend it to as many people as possible.  I instantly knew given the abuse scenarios present that this would not be possible.

Still, this was a great book.  If you can get past the abuse details, it really is worth a read.  The ending will blow you away.

🌟🌟🌟🌟/5 Stars

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First Post-Here We Go!

This is still a little insane to me.  Last week I wasn't even thinking a Bookstagram would be possible for me, let alone a blog!  What if I'm not interesting?  What if my reviews are terrible?  What if I actually have BAD taste in books? I guess we're going to find out.  Follow me.  Be patient with me.  Grow with me.  Let's explore as many amazing stories, wonderful authors, and unforgettable books as we can! 💙

Is One Truly the Loneliest Number?

I was given a digital copy of One? by Jennifer L. Cahill.  She reached out to me through Twitter, and she was so sweet.  I couldn't wait to dive into her book.💙 The Plot (From Goodreads): It's London in the mid-noughties before Facebook, iPhones and ubiquitous wifi. Zara has just moved to London for her first real job and struggles to find her feet in a big city with no instruction manual. Penelope works night and day in an investment bank with little or no time for love. At twenty-eight she is positively ancient as far as her mother is concerned and the pressure is on for her to settle down as the big 3-0 is looming. Charlie spends night and day with his band who are constantly teetering on the verge of greatness. Richard has relocated to London from his castle in Scotland in search of the one, and Alyx is barely in one place long enough to hold down a relationship let alone think about the future. One? follows the highs and lows of a group of twenty-somethings living ...

Blood and Honey by Shelby Mahurin

 I should have stopped at book 1. That’s it. That’s the review.