Skip to main content

Room 553-July Buddy Read

First off, many apologies to Britney King.  HOW HAVE I NOT READ ANY OF YOUR BOOKS?  I now have a new obsession.  Please think of it as kind and endearing and not stalkery.

Room 553 was chosen as one of my many (and perhaps impossibly unattainable to finish) July buddy reads.

45449793. sy475

Synopsis from Goodreads, because I can't write my own without spoiling the book.

For Max and Laurel, nothing is off limits when they meet in room 553. Their illicit affair is exhilarating, passionate--and dangerous. 

Driven as much by compulsion as pleasure, Max can't stop. His mistress is Jesus on the streets, and Satan in the sack. But when things take a sharp and sudden turn for the worse, he finds himself ensnared in a trap of his own making. 

Under heavy scrutiny by the police and the media, Max is hailed as a cold and evasive womanizer. He made mistakes, to be sure. But does that make him a killer?

Unnerving and addictive, Room 553 is a vivid and sensual psychological thriller that weaves a story of cruelty, reckless desire, and blind, bloody justice. 

YOU GUYS.  THIS BOOK IS MY NEW FAVORITE.  Max is a jerk.  Laurel's husband James is a jerk.  This book is full of jerks, but the way they all manipulate each other is MASTERFUL.  I knew something wasn't quite right between the main characters, but rather than guess I read as fast as I could to find out the ending.  This book did not disappoint.

I know I'm a huge thriller fan, but seriously, this book earns all the stars.  ALL OF THE STARS.  I was immediately sad that it was over, and I can't wait to go on a Britney King binge.  I'm still in shock that I've never read anything else from her.  Go buy all of her books.  She's absolutely fabulous.

🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First Post-Here We Go!

This is still a little insane to me.  Last week I wasn't even thinking a Bookstagram would be possible for me, let alone a blog!  What if I'm not interesting?  What if my reviews are terrible?  What if I actually have BAD taste in books? I guess we're going to find out.  Follow me.  Be patient with me.  Grow with me.  Let's explore as many amazing stories, wonderful authors, and unforgettable books as we can! 💙

Is One Truly the Loneliest Number?

I was given a digital copy of One? by Jennifer L. Cahill.  She reached out to me through Twitter, and she was so sweet.  I couldn't wait to dive into her book.💙 The Plot (From Goodreads): It's London in the mid-noughties before Facebook, iPhones and ubiquitous wifi. Zara has just moved to London for her first real job and struggles to find her feet in a big city with no instruction manual. Penelope works night and day in an investment bank with little or no time for love. At twenty-eight she is positively ancient as far as her mother is concerned and the pressure is on for her to settle down as the big 3-0 is looming. Charlie spends night and day with his band who are constantly teetering on the verge of greatness. Richard has relocated to London from his castle in Scotland in search of the one, and Alyx is barely in one place long enough to hold down a relationship let alone think about the future. One? follows the highs and lows of a group of twenty-somethings living ...

Blood and Honey by Shelby Mahurin

 I should have stopped at book 1. That’s it. That’s the review.