Skip to main content

The Banker's Wife

The Banker's Wife was published by Penguin Group Putnam on 07/03/18.  This was my first book by Cristina Alger.  I read this as party of a buddy read on Instagram, put on by some of my lovely Instagram ladies.

36398129

Early morning, a plane drops off radar and is discovered in the Alps.  The passengers are missing, one being Matthew Werner.  Werner was a banker for Swiss United, a very powerful offshore bank.  His widow Annabelle is left to pick up the pieces and suspects there may be more to the story.  When she obtains his super encrypted laptop and client list of shady characters, she begins her own investigation, putter her life at risk.

The story also follows Marina Tourneau, a well known journalist.  Marina is engaged to cream of the crop Grant Ellis.  While doing an investigation for a story on Swiss United, Marina discovers information that implicates some of the world's most popular and well known businessmen.  This story could be the answer to Annabelle's questions, if she decides to release the information.

This book was a great thrill read.  Annabelle and Marina's stories weave together so masterfully.  This had the feel of a spy novel, and secrets were lurking behind every corner.  The ending was certainly interesting, and the book kept me involved until the very end.  I finished this in about two days because I just couldn't put it down.  I'm excited to read more from Cristina Alger in the future.

🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟/5 Stars

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First Post-Here We Go!

This is still a little insane to me.  Last week I wasn't even thinking a Bookstagram would be possible for me, let alone a blog!  What if I'm not interesting?  What if my reviews are terrible?  What if I actually have BAD taste in books? I guess we're going to find out.  Follow me.  Be patient with me.  Grow with me.  Let's explore as many amazing stories, wonderful authors, and unforgettable books as we can! 💙

Is One Truly the Loneliest Number?

I was given a digital copy of One? by Jennifer L. Cahill.  She reached out to me through Twitter, and she was so sweet.  I couldn't wait to dive into her book.💙 The Plot (From Goodreads): It's London in the mid-noughties before Facebook, iPhones and ubiquitous wifi. Zara has just moved to London for her first real job and struggles to find her feet in a big city with no instruction manual. Penelope works night and day in an investment bank with little or no time for love. At twenty-eight she is positively ancient as far as her mother is concerned and the pressure is on for her to settle down as the big 3-0 is looming. Charlie spends night and day with his band who are constantly teetering on the verge of greatness. Richard has relocated to London from his castle in Scotland in search of the one, and Alyx is barely in one place long enough to hold down a relationship let alone think about the future. One? follows the highs and lows of a group of twenty-somethings living ...

Blood and Honey by Shelby Mahurin

 I should have stopped at book 1. That’s it. That’s the review.