Skip to main content

Anything for You by Saul Black

Anything for You was released by St. Martin's Press on November 12, 2019.  I was given a copy from NetGalley in exchange for my honest review.

43263434

One summer night, a neighbor calls in about an intruder next door.  When police arrive, they find it's Adam Grant, a very well known prosecutor.  Cue Valerie Hart, tasked with finding the killer while trying to ignore her connection to Grant.  Everything points to an ex-con he jailed years ago, but is that really the truth?

Knowing this was the third book for homicide detective Valerie Hart, I read the first two prior to this one.  I think that's probably why this one was just okay for me.  I liked her in the first two books.  She was flawed, but real.  This book just made it seem like she was settling into cultural norms, acting like people expected her to.  I kind of hated it.  I wanted her to be the same "hungry for her career" detective she was in the first books.  It bummed me out a little.

This book sounded really promising.  That being said, I was left wanting more.  The plot was a good enough story, but I felt the ending was a little lackluster.  If you don't mind darker and more violent books, I'd say definitely look into the first two.  If I had the choice to read this again, I'd pass.

🌟🌟/5 Stars

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First Post-Here We Go!

This is still a little insane to me.  Last week I wasn't even thinking a Bookstagram would be possible for me, let alone a blog!  What if I'm not interesting?  What if my reviews are terrible?  What if I actually have BAD taste in books? I guess we're going to find out.  Follow me.  Be patient with me.  Grow with me.  Let's explore as many amazing stories, wonderful authors, and unforgettable books as we can! 💙

Is One Truly the Loneliest Number?

I was given a digital copy of One? by Jennifer L. Cahill.  She reached out to me through Twitter, and she was so sweet.  I couldn't wait to dive into her book.💙 The Plot (From Goodreads): It's London in the mid-noughties before Facebook, iPhones and ubiquitous wifi. Zara has just moved to London for her first real job and struggles to find her feet in a big city with no instruction manual. Penelope works night and day in an investment bank with little or no time for love. At twenty-eight she is positively ancient as far as her mother is concerned and the pressure is on for her to settle down as the big 3-0 is looming. Charlie spends night and day with his band who are constantly teetering on the verge of greatness. Richard has relocated to London from his castle in Scotland in search of the one, and Alyx is barely in one place long enough to hold down a relationship let alone think about the future. One? follows the highs and lows of a group of twenty-somethings living ...

Blood and Honey by Shelby Mahurin

 I should have stopped at book 1. That’s it. That’s the review.