Skip to main content

The Betrayed Wife - Kevin O'Brien

The Betrayed Wife by Kevin O'Brien was released on July 30, 2019 by Kensington Books.  I was given a copy from NetGalley in exchange for my honest review.

42768156

Sheila O’Rourke and her husband Dylan have 3 kids and what seems to be the normal suburban life…too bad her husband is a piece of scum.  When 16 year old Eden shows up claiming to be his daughter from a past fling, Sheila tries to be a welcoming stepmom.  Eden is a nightmare, and Sheila feels like Eden is out to get her.  She’s been getting strange text messages for weeks, and now dangerous things are happening in her home.  Will Sheila find out what is going on before it’s too late?

I’ve been really annoyed lately by the amount of books focusing on cheating spouses and partners, but this was slightly different.  The lives of these people were so wrecked and dramatic that I kept reading to find out what would happen to them.  This whole story felt like a mega episode of Snapped, which I really enjoyed.  Every single woman in this book is insane, but justifiably so.  Dylan is a piece of garbage and it was astonishing to me to see just how stupid he could be when it came to his infidelity.

If you need to see someone else go through some drama for awhile, this is definitely a book worth picking.  It was part Big Little Lies, part Basic Instinct, and part Maury/Jerry Springer.

🌟🌟🌟🌟/5 Stars

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First Post-Here We Go!

This is still a little insane to me.  Last week I wasn't even thinking a Bookstagram would be possible for me, let alone a blog!  What if I'm not interesting?  What if my reviews are terrible?  What if I actually have BAD taste in books? I guess we're going to find out.  Follow me.  Be patient with me.  Grow with me.  Let's explore as many amazing stories, wonderful authors, and unforgettable books as we can! 💙

Is One Truly the Loneliest Number?

I was given a digital copy of One? by Jennifer L. Cahill.  She reached out to me through Twitter, and she was so sweet.  I couldn't wait to dive into her book.💙 The Plot (From Goodreads): It's London in the mid-noughties before Facebook, iPhones and ubiquitous wifi. Zara has just moved to London for her first real job and struggles to find her feet in a big city with no instruction manual. Penelope works night and day in an investment bank with little or no time for love. At twenty-eight she is positively ancient as far as her mother is concerned and the pressure is on for her to settle down as the big 3-0 is looming. Charlie spends night and day with his band who are constantly teetering on the verge of greatness. Richard has relocated to London from his castle in Scotland in search of the one, and Alyx is barely in one place long enough to hold down a relationship let alone think about the future. One? follows the highs and lows of a group of twenty-somethings living ...

Blood and Honey by Shelby Mahurin

 I should have stopped at book 1. That’s it. That’s the review.