Skip to main content

The Other People by CJ Tudor

The Other People by C.J. Tudor was published by Random House - Ballantine on January 28, 2020.  I was given a copy through NetGalley in exchange for my honest review.

45706883

Driving home from work one night, Gabe sees his daughter mouth "Daddy" in the back of a beat up car.  She's never seen again.  He spends the next three years going up and down that highway, in search of the daughter he lost.  When the car is found at the bottom of a pond with a grown man inside, Gabe amps up his search.  That search leads him to The Other People.

If you have lost a loved one, The Other People want to help. Because they know what loss is like. They know what pain is like. They know what death is like.

This was my first book by Tudor, despite owning everything else she has written.  It did not disappoint.  I really enjoyed this one and totally loved the ending.  It would have been a 5 star read for me, but I guess this was supposed to be a paranormal thriller?  That didn't really come across for me.  Still, this was an excellent read.

Grab this book for the creepiness factor.  Stay for the story.

🌟🌟🌟🌟/5 Stars

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First Post-Here We Go!

This is still a little insane to me.  Last week I wasn't even thinking a Bookstagram would be possible for me, let alone a blog!  What if I'm not interesting?  What if my reviews are terrible?  What if I actually have BAD taste in books? I guess we're going to find out.  Follow me.  Be patient with me.  Grow with me.  Let's explore as many amazing stories, wonderful authors, and unforgettable books as we can! 💙

Is One Truly the Loneliest Number?

I was given a digital copy of One? by Jennifer L. Cahill.  She reached out to me through Twitter, and she was so sweet.  I couldn't wait to dive into her book.💙 The Plot (From Goodreads): It's London in the mid-noughties before Facebook, iPhones and ubiquitous wifi. Zara has just moved to London for her first real job and struggles to find her feet in a big city with no instruction manual. Penelope works night and day in an investment bank with little or no time for love. At twenty-eight she is positively ancient as far as her mother is concerned and the pressure is on for her to settle down as the big 3-0 is looming. Charlie spends night and day with his band who are constantly teetering on the verge of greatness. Richard has relocated to London from his castle in Scotland in search of the one, and Alyx is barely in one place long enough to hold down a relationship let alone think about the future. One? follows the highs and lows of a group of twenty-somethings living ...

Blood and Honey by Shelby Mahurin

 I should have stopped at book 1. That’s it. That’s the review.