Skip to main content

Worst in Show, Anna E. Collins

 This was a cute enough story.  I naturally requested it based on the cover and the adorable dogs.  To me, the dogs were the best part of the book.  I am normally a sucker for enemies to lovers/rivals to lovers, but that just didn’t land for me.  Both characters had so much family tension and drama in their backgrounds, and we somehow seemed to end up with all of the details and none of the details at the same time.  There were too many areas of focus when it came to characters.  Instead of one book clearly about two people with 4-6 supporting characters, it felt more like several different stories with lots of characters pulling the attention a million different ways.


The story wasn’t bad.  There was just too much going on for me and I wish it had been more streamlined with higher stakes.  The cover is absolute perfection though!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First Post-Here We Go!

This is still a little insane to me.  Last week I wasn't even thinking a Bookstagram would be possible for me, let alone a blog!  What if I'm not interesting?  What if my reviews are terrible?  What if I actually have BAD taste in books? I guess we're going to find out.  Follow me.  Be patient with me.  Grow with me.  Let's explore as many amazing stories, wonderful authors, and unforgettable books as we can! 💙

Is One Truly the Loneliest Number?

I was given a digital copy of One? by Jennifer L. Cahill.  She reached out to me through Twitter, and she was so sweet.  I couldn't wait to dive into her book.💙 The Plot (From Goodreads): It's London in the mid-noughties before Facebook, iPhones and ubiquitous wifi. Zara has just moved to London for her first real job and struggles to find her feet in a big city with no instruction manual. Penelope works night and day in an investment bank with little or no time for love. At twenty-eight she is positively ancient as far as her mother is concerned and the pressure is on for her to settle down as the big 3-0 is looming. Charlie spends night and day with his band who are constantly teetering on the verge of greatness. Richard has relocated to London from his castle in Scotland in search of the one, and Alyx is barely in one place long enough to hold down a relationship let alone think about the future. One? follows the highs and lows of a group of twenty-somethings living ...

Blood and Honey by Shelby Mahurin

 I should have stopped at book 1. That’s it. That’s the review.