Skip to main content

We Begin at the End by Chris Whitaker

 This book gutted me in the best way possible. I went in, not really sure what to expect, and I was absolutely blown away.



Each story in this book is heartbreaking. The lives of all the characters are so intricately woven together. It felt like I was holding my breath for the entire book. Duchess is absolutely devastating, from the way she takes care of her brother to the way she refers to herself as an outlaw in order to maintain some kind of self preservation. I was hooked from the beginning to the end. I shed more than a few tears over several people in this story.

I can’t really review this much further without revealing more things within the plot that I think you should get to experience firsthand. Please go read this. It will stay with you forever.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First Post-Here We Go!

This is still a little insane to me.  Last week I wasn't even thinking a Bookstagram would be possible for me, let alone a blog!  What if I'm not interesting?  What if my reviews are terrible?  What if I actually have BAD taste in books? I guess we're going to find out.  Follow me.  Be patient with me.  Grow with me.  Let's explore as many amazing stories, wonderful authors, and unforgettable books as we can! 💙

Is One Truly the Loneliest Number?

I was given a digital copy of One? by Jennifer L. Cahill.  She reached out to me through Twitter, and she was so sweet.  I couldn't wait to dive into her book.💙 The Plot (From Goodreads): It's London in the mid-noughties before Facebook, iPhones and ubiquitous wifi. Zara has just moved to London for her first real job and struggles to find her feet in a big city with no instruction manual. Penelope works night and day in an investment bank with little or no time for love. At twenty-eight she is positively ancient as far as her mother is concerned and the pressure is on for her to settle down as the big 3-0 is looming. Charlie spends night and day with his band who are constantly teetering on the verge of greatness. Richard has relocated to London from his castle in Scotland in search of the one, and Alyx is barely in one place long enough to hold down a relationship let alone think about the future. One? follows the highs and lows of a group of twenty-somethings living ...

Blood and Honey by Shelby Mahurin

 I should have stopped at book 1. That’s it. That’s the review.