Skip to main content

Wretched by Emily McIntire

 A little backstory - I have been obsessed with the Wizard of Oz since I was a child. Something about this story just hooked me and didn’t let go. In high school, I was blessed with the creation of Wicked, the musical. Last year, we finally got the screen adaptation we’ve all been waiting decades to see. Do you see where I’m going with this?

It’s no surprise to me that my obsession carried over into this book. I read it in one sitting. I’m not even sure I breathed while reading this. I absolutely LOVED the creativity and updates that were made to the story. I also loved watching our female villain try to wrap her mind around her feelings for her mortal enemy. This book gets all the stars from me. I loved it so much.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First Post-Here We Go!

This is still a little insane to me.  Last week I wasn't even thinking a Bookstagram would be possible for me, let alone a blog!  What if I'm not interesting?  What if my reviews are terrible?  What if I actually have BAD taste in books? I guess we're going to find out.  Follow me.  Be patient with me.  Grow with me.  Let's explore as many amazing stories, wonderful authors, and unforgettable books as we can! 💙

Is One Truly the Loneliest Number?

I was given a digital copy of One? by Jennifer L. Cahill.  She reached out to me through Twitter, and she was so sweet.  I couldn't wait to dive into her book.💙 The Plot (From Goodreads): It's London in the mid-noughties before Facebook, iPhones and ubiquitous wifi. Zara has just moved to London for her first real job and struggles to find her feet in a big city with no instruction manual. Penelope works night and day in an investment bank with little or no time for love. At twenty-eight she is positively ancient as far as her mother is concerned and the pressure is on for her to settle down as the big 3-0 is looming. Charlie spends night and day with his band who are constantly teetering on the verge of greatness. Richard has relocated to London from his castle in Scotland in search of the one, and Alyx is barely in one place long enough to hold down a relationship let alone think about the future. One? follows the highs and lows of a group of twenty-somethings living ...

Blood and Honey by Shelby Mahurin

 I should have stopped at book 1. That’s it. That’s the review.